Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas

Christmas Eve
So to keep up with our usual tradition, we went to a movie on Christmas Eve followed by In-N-Out. We took the kids to see Wreck it Ralph, which we were all kind of excited to see. Not too long after the movie started, Hailey kept coming over to me and saying "I'm bored." I was like how can you be bored with this movie on right now. Well I knew she was tired because she hadn't had a nap and it was getting later in the evening. After moving around from person to person, she finally got sad and started crying. So I took her out and just held her and she fell asleep. Well turns out she had a fever. I was so bummed because I did not want her to be sick on Christmas. Got some Tylenol in her and she was feeling ok. We went back to my parent's house opened our Christmas eve presents. Then home to bed for this sick little girl. :(


Christmas Day
I was hoping after a good night's rest Hailey would wake up feeling better. But unfortunately she woke up really early with a fever. So I gave her some more Tylenol and tucked her back in for a little while longer. Luckily when she woke back up she was feeling a little better. She came downstairs and opened presents but wasn't too excited because she wasn't feeling well. I was kind of bummed because I know this would have been a really fun year for her and she would have been so fun to watch. Oh well. There's always next year! Santa was good this year....







After we opened stockings and Santa presents, we headed over to my parents house to open the rest of our family gifts and have breakfast. Poor Hailey didn't last long and her fever came back. She felt awful and just laid in my lap and slept. She was not at all interested in opening any presents. That's when you know a kid is sick!



Someone finally woke up and felt like opening a few gifts!




But back to the sick couch. This is how we spent the rest of our day. Good thing she got her new princess blanket for Christmas! Poor thing!

No comments: