Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beginning the Binky Battle...


Hailey is very attached to her binky and has been from a very early age. She has never been a very good self soother and wanted to suck as soon as she was out of the womb. It was great when she finally figured out how to find her binky and put it in all by herself. But now that she has all these teeth coming in (eight...almost nine) I'm starting to think we should break her of it. It's going to happen in the future so why not do it sooner than later and hopefully it won't be so bad. At least I'm hoping. We are trying to just give it to her at nap times and bed time. But we finally gave in this evening because of the crankiness. Ugh. Hopefully we are strong enough to follow through. If not we'll be having this conversation later...

3 comments:

Ryan and Hetz said...

She is so freakin adorable!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

I feel your pain! We are doing the same thing with Jace. I wonder if it would be better to just take it completely away because he usually has the hardest time after I take it away when he wakes up in the morning or after his nap. On the other hand I love that he sleeps so well and I don't want to mess that up! Good luck!

Sine Family said...

We had the binky attachment with Talia too. Personaly I would wait til her teeth come it. She may chew through 1 or 2, but it will keep her from driving you bonkers. Good luck!